THE BOSS BOARDS UNVEILING - MONTROSE AIR STATION HERITAGE CENTRE
'THE BOSS BOARDS'
For some time now the old 43(Fighter) Squadron Boss boards were stored in the office of Air Officer Scotland AVM Ross Patterson in Learmonth Terrace in Edinburgh. With AVM Patterson’s kind permission, they now reside proudly in the Montrose Air Station Heritage Centre alongside the beautifully painted
43(F) Squadron Crest on the wall.
On Saturday 24th September 2022 Wg Cdr Andy Moir,
Wg Cdr Sandy Davies and Sqn Ldr Jack Hammill
all former members of ‘43’, accompanied by their partners, watched on as the Black and White Checked flags were removed to unveil the ‘Boss Boards’.
The small group was hosted by the Heritage Chairman
Mr Stuart Archibald who sent this message:
“It was an honour and a privilege to have an “ex Boss” unveiling the Boss Boards of 43(F)Squadron with two wingmen in support.
The Museum is extremely proud of our connection with The Fighting Cocks and we celebrate our DNA connection to the Squadron in our WW1 hangar where the great man Sholto Douglas and many of the first pilots would of walked prior to the formation of the Squadron in Stirling on the 15th April 1916”